Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 8 Day off in Albuquerque. While I'd hoped to show Arlene the beauty of the local culture and environment, instead, it was definitely a post food poisoning recovery day. Since Arlene rented a car, she kindly drove 4 of us (Terry, Jonielle, Martin, me) to a wonderful massage place. Although I was still feeling "peeked", it was great to have someone work on my legs for about an hour. It definitely felt nice to be off the bike and in "the real world" for a few hours. I just wish my stomach was in the real world at that time too. After we all raved about our provider (Martin had Helga, the giant woman; Terry had David the Hunter; and I had Erica, the small but extremely strong massause). We departing the massage center and hit Walgreens to pick up a few supplies to keep us healthy along the way. The rest of the day, I camped out on the hotel bed and Arlene did IPAD things as I tried to recover. The only other highlight of my day was the bland Subway turkey sandwich and chicken noodle soup, topped off by a McDonalds milkshape just before we hit the sack about ten o'clock. Sure hope this evening is less exciting than the last one! Stay healthy and eat more beef! Steve

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my Steve! I hope u are recovering. Be so careful to stay hydrated tomorrow. I'll say an extra prayer tonight for u. Safe travels!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home