Friday, July 07, 2006

Day 34 Quincy, IL to Springfield, IL

Whew! I am finally catching up and making all those waiting for this computer mad! I will be brief after yesterday's diatribe.

Great roads, 100 miles of light/no wind and miles of corn and beans. I was again feeling great with my new wheel (thanks again Arlene!) and had no mechanical issues.

I heard a big dear running in the corn field that did not want me to see it!

I met some great Americans in Berlin, IL and then pushed for home. I beat the SAG wagon to stop #2 and enjoyed a delicious cinnamon roll and Nestle's chocolate milk.

About an hour after I arrived here at the State House Inn, located in the shadow of the IL state capitol, Sara and Adam arrived. They looked great and we relaxed by looking at my photos via our TV in the room. Lots of stories to share with them and they had a few laughs too.

We took Tim and Paul for a quick Subway Sandwich and then we dashed off to see a little of the capitol before our evening Rap at 4:45 pm. The capitol is gorgeous in ways I cannot describe. Go see it soon!

At the Rap, I introduced Sara and Adam and then Mike asked me to introduce some guy standing near the door. I turned and was stunned to see my great friend, Steve Pulley standing there. Steve is an Air National Guardsman who I worked with on the Inspector General team. Steve drove up from Belleville to surprise me, and that he did.

With a surprise under my belt, we headed for the Old Country Buffet, told a few lies, and then came back to the hotel for some goodbye photos and bear hugs.

Laundry is almost done and now it's time to hit the rack again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home