Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Day 38 Day Off in Indianapolis, IN

Last nights therapeutic massage from Mike's daughter, Mickey, helped me sleep wonderfully on the hardest bed I've ever seen in a hotel!

Nevertheless, I got up early for breakfast at 7 am, read the paper and then met our newest rider, George, and learned from him that his son is a brand new Air Force Academy cadet! Pretty small world, huh? From there, I retreated to my room to watch the Tour de France and enjoyed seeing the big boys do it throughout the French countryside.

And just before the Tour's stage end today, my friend John Ohnemus stopped in to say hello to Larry and watch the end of the race. John and I then went out to lunch together at the Indy 500 Speedway restaurant and relaxed over some great conversation with the Indy Golf course in the background.

We then took a wonderful tour of the Indy Museum and saw more incredible racing cars than I've seen in my life. I saw enthusiasm and joy in the faces of both young and old alike in this classic gallery of motor cars.

We then headed to a nearby Starbucks for a little afternoon pick-me-up, following which John headed to a Chamber of Commerce meeting while I quietly read the paper and edited my photos. Very relaxing indeed with the rain falling gently outside.

After a quick stop at John's office in Carmel, IN, we headed to his house to rendezvous with Carole, his wife, and Evan, the newly crowned 8 year old. John and Carole kindly downloaded all my ride photos onto a disk for safe keeping and then we headed to dinner.

The four of us enjoyed the finest Steak and Shake fare you can imagine and talked of Carole's travels and my bike ride. We all left full and happy.

I've now spent about 90 minutes catching up on this blog at the high school library while John has been studying for an insurance exam the State of Indiana requires of him. Needless to say, I am having much more fun than John.

Hope you all are happy, healthy and smiling. The adventure continues and is a marvel every day. The only thing that compares with this is your friendship and support. Happy Trails!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home