Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 Day 9 Across America North

Boise River Greenbelt Access
Boise River
Bronco Stadium
Boise State's Famous Blue Carpet
Boise State Mascot, Buster Bronco
Click below to support the CAC mission and make a tax-deductible donation!
CAC2017CYCLINGFOR GREATKIDS
Oh what a beautiful rest day it was in Boise, Idaho!  After cycling for eight straight days, it was truly a blessing to sleep in to 7 am, eat a leisurely breakfast, talk with my fellow cyclists, and just chill! Some of the riders will pedal a few miles to keep their legs loose, but I decided my tail bone needed the full day off!
I had some great conversations with Mike Munk, Dirk Lohry, Tom and Rosemary in the courtyard of our hotel before it got warm later in the day.  Eventually I gathered up enough steam to walk down the street to a nearby park and see the Boise River rushing along at near flood stage, and then I made my way to the campus of Boise State University. Boise State was once a "small school" way out west that has grown in stature since its upset of Oklahoma in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl.  Now a member of the Mountain West Conference, it is nationally known for its blue football field turf. My photo above gives you a glimpse of the home of the Broncos, now called Albertsons Field, named after the grocery store.  
The real highlight of my day was a FaceTime call from my grandson, Declan!  His mom, Mary Ellen, was reading a book for 2-year olds about our national parks and Declan was telling me about the bears, bald eagles and snakes that were in the book.  He also made me smile, laugh, and cry as he sang the Fire Truck Song for me that Poppa Steve dreamed up on the fly while driving Declan home from school (you would notice a great resemblance to the tune of O' Tannenbaum!).  I also got the chance to catch up with son, DA, and daughter-in-law, Mary Ellen.  Can't wait for the next FaceTime!
Tomorrow we head to Mountain Home, Idaho, just 53 miles down the road and 1400 feet of climbing.  Winds should be at our back and temps look very pleasant.  Can't wait to get rolling!
Stay Healthy,
Steve
Click below to support the CAC mission and make a tax-deductible donation!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home