Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 Day 10 Across America North

Click below to support the CAC mission and make a tax-deductible donation!
CAC2017CYCLINGFOR GREATKIDS

No photos today, but when my buddy, Dirk Lohry, edits his GoPro film from today's ride down to a few minutes, I will post it here.  He does a marvelous job of capturing the incredible beauty we see at 20 mph +/-, adds a little of his personal humor, and even gets some wonderful observations from the rest of our riders.  Thank you Dirk!
We rode from Boise to Mountain Home, ID today and it was absolutely the most fun ride yet!  Yesterday was a rest day in Boise and my legs (and other body parts) were really happy to have a 24 hour period without cycling.  With clear skies, a 15 mph wind out of the northwest, and a temp of 67 degrees, we ambled along the Green Way bike path that followed the Boise River out of town.  What a fantastic way to start a ride and gradually wake up!  I was the last one out of the hotel and enjoyed the beauty and serenity that surrounds Boise--mountains, rivers, nicely paved streets and paths, and drivers that were kind and courteous to our entire herd.
About 45 minutes into the ride, we were on country roads that allowed us to fly at 25-35 mph on the straight and level.  Eventually, we merged onto I-84 for about 10 miles and although we had to dodge the usual blown truck tires and accompanying steel belted debris---hair sized wires--the ride was fabulous.  The next 20 miles were on rough, chip and seal roads but the pushing wind was so much fun I hardly noticed the few bumps at all.
While our team had a few flats today, I escaped with still another day of rolling and no flat tire repairing!  I consider that a major victory!  After all our folks arrived, we had a tire repair clinic where I picked up a few good tips that I hope I never need!
Tomorrow is a 97 mile day with 2300 feet of climbing while heading to Twin Falls, ID.  Come along and join me on another adventure!

Stay healthy,
Steve

Click below to support the CAC mission and make a tax-deductible donation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home